It won’t be long and the summer heat will be upon us. What steps can you take to have a lawn that will stay green all summer long? I came across a great article by Dan Ryan called Summer Lawn Care tips!
- Water deeply and less frequently. This will encourage deeper roots that tolerate drought.
- Raise your mower to cut your grass to be taller. It will shade itself. The height of your lawn should be at 3.5”
- Install stepping stones in high traffic areas.
- Stop fertilizing 30 days before the expected heat.
- Summer heat causes weeds to go from germination to seed very quickly. Stay ahead with good weed control in spring to make summer easier.
Always start with the best quality sod from your Portland turf farm.
How to Maintain Your Lawn in the Summer Heat
Sod Farm and Nursery
35306 Northwest Toenjes Road
Woodland, WA 98674
9 AM – 4:30 PM Mon – Sat