Do you have dead spots in your lawn from pet damage? You can use pieces of sod to quickly and easily restore your lawn to a picture perfect condition. The repair will take about 5 minutes and only requires a fresh piece of sod and a hand shovel.
Obtain the sod from your local sod farm such as Far West Turf Farm and Nursery near Vancouver, WA. Sod should be of the same type as the rest of your lawn.
- Lay a piece of fresh sod over the damaged area. Piece should be minimum 18″ x 18″
- Cut around the edge of the sod with your shovel
- Remove the cut-out damaged area to a depth of 1 “
- Lay in the new piece of sod.
- Water the new sod and keep moist until well rooted (3-6 weeks)