Over time your lawn area can be compacted with thin or bare spots. You can rebuild your lawn in a natural way without the need to add chemicals. Do this by aerating your lawn using core aeration and then overseeding You can rebuild a thick healthy lawn.
Benefits of core aeration and overseeding:
- Restore a healthy thicker lawn.
- Reduce soil compaction.
- Creates hole for seeds which improves germination rate.
- Better air and water uptake by your lawn.
- Restores healthy microbial action which helps break down surface thatch.
- No use of chemicals which helps protect the environment.
When planting a new lawn always use the very best premium quality Portland sod from Far West Turf Farm which located just north of Vancouver, WA.
How can you apply organic and natural lawn care tips to perfecting your lush green lawn? You can use some basic organic gardening methods and still get a great looking lawn. Jodi Torpey has a great article entitled Six Tips for Organic Lawn Care. Please click through to her article to see more details.
- Loosen the soil by core aerating your lawn to let air and water in.
- Use organic fertilizers that come from natural sources.
- Add a thin layer of compost after aeration for a supply of nutrients.
- Use earth friendly weed control.
- Leave the clippings on the lawn to naturally mulch your lawn.
- Push mowers: Get some exercise and move away from a gas powered lawn mower.
Of course you need to start with quality sod from your Vancouver, WA sod provider, Far West Turf Farm.