Acer palmatum 'Bloodgood'
Fall colors are bright crimson.
Common Name: Bloodgood Japanese Maple
The Bloodgood is one of the hardiest and well known of the Japanese maples with excellent sun tolerance. The foliage is burgundy red all summer and brilliant scarlet in fall. Red colored stems give way to dark red and purple leaves in the spring that turn bright red or even orange-red in the fall before the leaves drop. This hardy, upright maple is always in high demand due to its many attractive attributes. Growth Rate fast
- Plant Type: Shade & Flowering tree
- Plant Hardiness Zone: 5a-8b
- Height: 15' - 20'
- width: 15' - 20'
- Soil Needs: Well-Drained, Rich
- Water Needs: Even Moisture - Regular
- Sun Exposure: Sun - Part shade
- Foliage Color: Red
- Foliage Season: Deciduous
- Flower Season: None