Fan-shaped flowers fade from white to silver.
Common Name: Nasella tenuissima, Stipa tenuissima, Pony Tails, Mexican Feather Grass, Silky Thread Grass
Narrow green leaves with a silver midrib which form a substantial, rounded, arching clump of foliage typically growing 4-6 feet tall and to 8 feet when in flower. Tiny reddish-copper flowers appear in tassel-like inflorescences above the foliage in late September, gradually turning silver. Blooms later than most Miscanthus cultivars. Flower plumes persist well into winter providing good winter interest. The handsome fall foliage is decorated with golden-orange tones.
- Plant Type: Shade & Flowering treePerennial / Ornamental Grass
- Plant Hardiness Zone: 7a-9b
- Height: 24'
- width: 12'
- Soil Needs: Average, Well-Drained
- Water Needs: Even Moisture - Drought Tolerant
- Sun Exposure: Sun - Mostly Shade
- Foliage Color: Green
- Foliage Season: Semi-Evergreen
- Flower Season: Summer