Bright young coppery-red leaves mature to deep-crimson.
Common Name: European Beech
Like the species, a slow-growing tree, eventually reaching magnificent proportions. This seedling-grown variety has leaves which begin the season a deep red-purple & turn bronzy green for summer. Bright young coppery red leaves mature to deep crimson maroon purple as the summer progresses, turning deep orange to copper in autumn with a smooth gray bark. Although deciduous the leaves generally stay on the tree well into winter.
- Plant Type: Shade & Flowering tree
- Plant Hardiness Zone: 4a-8b
- Height: 60' - 80'
- width: 35' - 45'
- Soil Needs: Acidic, Adaptable, Well-Drained, Rich
- Water Needs: Regular - Drought Tolerant
- Sun Exposure: Sun
- Foliage Color:
- Foliage Season: Deciduous
- Flower Season: