Carex elata 'Aurea'
Grass-like foliage like a golden fountain.
Common Name: Carex elata 'Bowles Golden', Bowles Golden Sedge
A dense clumping winter dormant perennial sedge. Long, weeping, linear, bright yellow-green, grass-like foliage in dense tufts. In late Spring to Summer slender stalst of pendant black catkins are produced. One of the best grassy plants. Cut back to ground level in Winter. Its compact size is ideal for the rock garden or mixed border. Best of all, the coloring becomes even more brilliant in partial shade. For best results provide with plenty of moisture.
- Plant Type: Shade & Flowering treePerennial / Ornamental Grass
- Plant Hardiness Zone: 5a-9b
- Height: 1' - 3'
- width: 1' - 3'
- Soil Needs: Well-Drained, Rich
- Water Needs: Even Moisture - Regular
- Sun Exposure: Mostly Sun - Shade
- Foliage Color: Chartreuse
- Foliage Season: Deciduous, Semi-Evergreen
- Flower Season: Summer