Acer palmatum 'Crimson Queen'
Endure hot summers without leaf burn.
Common Name: Crimson Queen Japanese Maple
Crimson Queen is one of the finest Japanese maples. This is an outstanding dissectum cultivar with a deep-red foliage color and deeply dissected leaves. It has strong red pink new growth turning to dark burgundy in the summer. Fall colors range from orange to bright crimson red. This is a slower growing, and more tightly weeping laceleaf than others. Crimson Queen is not tender and can handle the hot summers and cold winters. If you are living in a colder climate and you are getting just one lace leaf maple then Crimson Queen is the one for you.
- Plant Type: Shade & Flowering tree
- Plant Hardiness Zone: 6a-9b
- Height: 5' - 10'
- width: 5' - 15'
- Soil Needs: Well-Drained, Rich
- Water Needs: Even Moisture - Drought Tolerant
- Sun Exposure: Mostly Sun - Shade
- Foliage Color: Burgundy
- Foliage Season: Deciduous
- Flower Season: Spring