Berberis thunbergii 'Concorde'
Velvety rich purple foliage all summer.
Common Name: Berberis thunbergii var. atropurpurea 'Concorde', Concorde Barberry
Draped in deep maroon velvety purple foliage, this splendid diminutive shrub maintains a dense rounded slow growing profile. Small bell-shaped yellow flowers, enhanced by warmly colored sepals, sparkle against opulent deciduous leaves, eventually giving way to a wintertime showing of bright red berries. Perfectly sized for edging, responsive to pruning and unyielding to deer or drought, 'Concorde' is a refined and easily maintained contender for containers, border frontage, low hedges and knot gardens, especially when paired with silver and green companions.
- Plant Type: Deciduous shrub
- Plant Hardiness Zone: 4a-8b
- Height: 18' - 24'
- width: 18' - 30'
- Soil Needs: Adaptable, Average, Well-Drained
- Water Needs: Regular - Drought Tolerant
- Sun Exposure: Sun - Mostly Shade
- Foliage Color: Purple
- Foliage Season: Deciduous
- Flower Season: Spring