Abies lasiocarpa 'Arizonica Compacta'
dense structure, long, soft, vividly blue
Common Name: Compacta Rocky Mountain Fir
Slow-growing at first, it gradually forms a shapely specimen of dense, soft, grey-blue foliage. It is a good form of the species, the Alpine fir, which originates in the mountainous regions of western North America. Very hardy, it will retain its lower branches well in an open position; best in cooler climates on good deep soil.
- Plant Type: Conifer / evergreen
- Plant Hardiness Zone: 4a-8b
- Height: 10' - 15'
- width: 6' - 10'
- Soil Needs: Acidic, Well-Drained, Rich
- Water Needs: Even Moisture
- Sun Exposure: Sun - Mostly Shade
- Foliage Color: Blue
- Foliage Season: Evergreen
- Flower Season: None