You want to keep moss out of your lawn. Moss shows up as yellow green loose tufts in your lawn. Moss will choke out a lawn creating an irregular, patchy appearance. Moss killers work, but if you don’t fix the conditions that lead to moss, it will just return.
- Keep your lawn thick: Reseed thinning areas to keep moss out.
- Fertilize: Your lawn needs nutrients to stay healthy and thick.
- Shade: Thin out branches from shrubs and trees that cause deep shade.
- Reduce wear: Redirect foot traffic or install stepping stones. Thin areas of grass are more prone to moss.
- Drainage: Moss like areas that stay damp. Fix drainage problems and avoid over watering.
- Moss removal: Use moss killers that contain ferrous sulfate, ferrous ammonium sulfate, or copper sulfate. These are environmentally safe but can stain concrete.
To get fresh sod for your new lawn go to your local Vancouver, WA sod farm, Far West Turf Farm